11/10/2005

Next assignments

I am new to this medium but I want to try it out and see where it leads me. The school year is about a third complete and my classes seem to be progressing along very well. Our next assignment will be to re-touch old photographs. While this is a bit dull it does offers some real-world applications for using Photoshop. Hopefully my students will not find it too boring. We will also be working on a studio project called "Make object special". In this assignment the students will bring mundane objects to the studio to photograph on their assigned day. The objects should be photographed in such a way as to reveal something interesting about what would otherwise be just another mundane object. Check out last years examples on the Spain Park Art Gallery (see link on the side).

My favorite is the roll of paper by S Young. What is yours?
What are some ideas you can share for this assignment?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo collages by the Art I students - my favorite is the one one cigarettes! Great job - can't wait for the Dec. 5 show -

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Favorite Make Object Special from Last Year was the one of the dice

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell the judges Thanks!! for picking my pictures, i really appreciate it. Some of the Pictures in the Finals are REally Amazing. (For Ex: Stantis' Portrait, Felham's Internet Collage, and White's Portrait)

I really think you made good choice of the finalS!!

Thanks Again!!-Mike

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home